About the Symposium
Dear students, colleagues and RIO Acoustics participants,
We are happy to announce that the 3rd Acoustics in Underwater Geosciences Symposium (RIO Acoustics 2017) will be held in Rio de Janeiro, from Tuesday 25th to Thursday 27th July, 2017.
Launched in 2013 and sponsored by the IEEE Oceanic Engineering Society, this unique event held in Latin America has been connecting scientists and professionals from more than 30 countries to exchange knowledge, experience and best practices on the acoustic investigation of underwater environments and ecosystems, from inland to deep ocean floor, covering a broad range of application. For this new edition, we are honoured to welcome the Acoustical Society of America among our supporting societies.
The symposium will be followed by RIO Acoustics@SEA, a 1-day workshop exclusively dedicated to exchanging with partnering companies and demonstrating equipment at sea.
The 2017 edition will provide nine grants for Latin American students to participate in the symposium, which will be awarded to the best final papers (not abstract) selected by the symposium's Scientific Committee. Three other grants are available for ASA student members. The grants will cover flight tickets to Rio de Janeiro, hotel and symposium registration fee up to a maximum of USD 1000. The papers will have to be presented in english in the oral sessions. Undergraduate, master and PhD students can participate. "ASA Student Member" should be specified in the abstract submission form.
If you plan to join us in Rio please pre-register now and send your abstract by 4th of March 2017.
We are looking forward to welcoming you in Rio.
For the Organizing Committee
Arthur A. Neto and Jean-Pierre Hermand
Chairmen of RIO Acoustics
|Abstract submission opens:||9 November 2016|
|Abstract submission deadline:|
|Acceptance notification:||31 March 2017|
|Final paper submission:||19 May 2017|
|Registration opens:||27 March 2017|
|Early registration deadline:||15 May 2017|
Registration & Abstract Submission
Registration Fees (US$)
|IEEE Student Member||63||82||123|
|IEEE Life Member||63||82||123|
Registration fee payment is by Credit Card only.
All correspondence should be addressed to:
Secretariat RIO Acoustics 2017
Arlette Grave, Université libre de Bruxelles (ULB)
CP165/57, av. F.D. Roosevelt 50, 1050 Brussels, BELGIUM
Tel: (+32)-2-650-2291 Fax: (+32)-2-650-2298
- Acoustical oceanography
- Acoustic ecology
- Acoustics for oil and gas industry
- Acoustics in deep sea mining
- Acoustic propagation and scattering: modelling and measurement
- Advances in sonar and scientific echosounder
- ASV’s and AUV’s as acoustic platforms
- Clutter and reverberation
- Coastal management
- Environmental protection
- Fisheries and plankton acoustics
- Hydroacoustics in rivers, lakes and reservoirs
- Hydrography and marine GIS
- Marine geophysical surveys and geohazards
- Near-surface geophysics
- Noise pollution and impact on fauna
- Oceanographic instrumentation
- Passive acoustics
- Research vessels/li>
- Seismo-acoustic inversion
- Signal and image processing
- Submerged prehistoric archaeology and landscapes
- Tomography and data assimilation
- Transducer, vector sensor and array technology
- Underwater communication and network