Abstract Submission is now open.
Click here to submit your abstract.
About the Symposium
Following the great success of the 1st edition in 2013, we are pleased to announce the 2015 IEEE/OES Acoustics in Underwater Geosciences Symposium. More than 150 professionals, scientists and students from 18 different countries participated in RIO Acoustics 2013 .
Acoustics is the most effective way of investigating aquatic environments and ecosystems from land to open ocean with a wide diversity of applications. The technical programme of RIO Acoustics 2015 encompasses the newest techniques and technologies to solve challenges in ocean engineering, environmental management, underwater mining and inland hydrometry.
We are looking forward to welcoming you and your co-workers during our symposium that will again take place in the wonderful city of Rio de Janeiro, from 29th to 31th July, 2015. The venue is the beautiful historical building of CPRM located in Urca neighbourhood at the foot of the emblematic Sugar Loaf mountain. Young investigators from South and Latin America are particularly encouraged to submit an abstract for oral or poster presentation.
Arthur Ayres Neto & Jean-Pierre Hermand
|Abstract submission opens:||1 December 2014|
|Abstract submission deadline:||19 January 2015|
|Acceptance notification:||27 February 2015|
|Final paper submission:||27 April 2015|
|Registration opens:||20 April 2015|
|Early registration deadline:||25 May 2015|
Registration & Abstract Submission
Registration Fees (US$)
|IEEE Student Member||56||75||112|
|IEEE Life Member||56||75||112|
* Paper Registration Fee
Registration fee payment is by Credit Card only.
All correspondence should be addressed to:
Secretariat RIO Acoustics 2015
ULB LISA CP165/57, av. F.D. Roosevelt 50, B-1050 Brussels, Belgium
Tel: (+32)-2-650-2291 Fax: (+32)-2-650-2298
- Acoustic propagation and scattering: modelling and measurement
- Acoustical oceanography
- Acoustics for offshore oil and gas industry
- Assessment of benthic communities
- Fisheries and bioacoustics
- Geoacoustic characterization of sediment
- Hydroacoustics in rivers, lakes and reservoirs
- Hydrography and underwater GIS
- Marine geophysical surveys and geohazards NEW
- Near-surface geophysics
- Oceanographic instrumentation
- Passive acoustic monitoring and noise impacts on fauna NEW
- ROV’s and AUV’s as platforms for acoustic survey NEW
- Seafloor mapping, imaging and classification
- Seismo-acoustic inversion
- Signal and image processing
- Submerged and coastal archaeology with focus on prehistoric sites NEW
- Transducer and array technology
- Underwater communication and network
- Underwater mining